Monday, September 16, 2013

So I can remember...

Leland, 6 years old

Started 1st grade at a new school and loves it.
Still in love with anything sports related. 
School has us really learning to read and do math. It hasn't come easy to him, but he doesn't give up. He even asks to do extra problems or read one more book. I wish I could multiply Scott and I so we could read or work problems with him for hours!
He is getting ready for a baby brother and got new bunk beds to share with him. 
Lately, he wants to play bingo with his sister, work on a world map game he has and play with the yoyo he won at school.
He is so very social, telling me about all the kids at school and asking if several can come to our house.
He holds my hand during big church, helps me carry stuff all the time and does the funniest dances.
Oh, how I love him.


Evy, 4 years old

Started preschool several weeks ago and can't get enough of it.
She is constantly wanting to swing outside or play puzzles inside.
Just recently she came home reciting a days of the week song and the Pledge of Allegiance. She is so proud of herself and we are too!  We still mix up the colors red and yellow all the time, but she loves to learn.
Lately, she is has been teaching her little sister how to take care of the babies and is always wanting to put the music on so they can dance.  Her favorite is Lion King songs!
She likes to sit in my lap anytime we are sitting near each other, is constantly asking if she can help me with daily tasks and is always making me smile by her goofy faces.
I'm amazed by how much joy she brings me.

Livingston, 18 months

Since everyone has started off to school in the past month or so, it's just us two.
I'm trying to relish this as it is a fleeting season because little brother will be here soon.
She is very into books and makes us read them to her over and over. 
So our few hours alone are spent doing that, watching Elmo (her biggest NEW LOVE) and running errands. 
We can't get over how much she has grown in the last several months and how independent she has gotten. 
She goes off by herself sometimes just to feed or rock her babies.  
We've also noticed how fierce she is...daring to go through the BIG play sets and climb just about everything. 
She's been learning different animals, saying family members names and likes to point out where her ears, nose at etc. are.
My favorite thing is to look back at her driving and she gives me this scrunching nose grin.
She thinks it's funny to tell me she is Daddy's baby,  gives me big kisses all day long and loves for me to sing her songs. 
She still gives me butterflies. 

My children drive me crazy and there are certainly days that I want nothing more than to run off to Hawaii.  But when I stop for a moment to think of all the good and joy they bring me, I always find myself shocked that I've been given such amazing gifts. 

Now I think I'll go squeeze their cheeks! : )

0 comments:

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs