Thursday, October 30, 2008

Redeeming...

Have you ever been blown away by God redeeming an area of your life. That's how I feel lately with work. From my last post, you could probably tell my discouragement. Well, we (co-worker and I) just got back from a wonderful conference by the Christian Association of Youth Mentoring. It was seriously like the Lord took His breath and blew away every doubt of fear. He gave us encouraging devotions, wise session leaders, and a bunch of ideas to bring back to our ministry.

And the beach...I love the beach. We didn't have tons of time...but twice I got to walk across the sand to the vast ocean! The ocean always leaves me in awe of God's power and might. It makes me feel small and helpless compared to His presence... that is where I like to be! It's good for me, and I feel comfortable knowing He's that big. I feel protected, secure, and in perfect peace when I submit to His authority over life.

Abide. such a small word with a HUGE meaning. Something I'm trying to really be better about these days. Anyways, I'm so thankful for this past week and all God did!

p.s. Soon...I'll be posting some pics of crafts for our church's fall bazaar and fall decor I've been busy with. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Thanks for introducing yourself!!! I have read all those series too and finished Sunset a couple of weeks ago. I'm ready for her new series! :)

Your wedding was so beautiful!

RachelD said...

I'm glad you've been refreshed...and looking forward to seeing you and Scott sometime now that my project is done?

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs