Monday, December 8, 2014

I need you...

I was laying in bed this morning and I heard out of the stillness a wonderful transaction take place.  I'd already been up to get my son and husband off to school.  I was trying to soak up the silence as it's precious in this space.  I heard Evy get up to use the restroom.  Then I heard this small voice...."Evy?"she searched her room.  Evy answered, "Yes, I'm in here."  Livingston replied, "I need you."

Those three little words stole my heart. Those and the little voice pleading them.  You see I'm used to hearing those words and though they are sweet I can often feel overwhelmed from the many times I hear them each day.  So when she said them to her sister, I felt myself exhale.  Whew....I hadn't been needed at this moment.  I could still lay under my warm covers and pretend to be asleep.  That was nice.  But more than that, it was reminder that theirs is another love story written by the creator of love Himself.

Adoption is beautiful for so many reasons, but the sibling part of it has been one of my favorites that has unfolded. These girls were not born of the same womb, they do not share DNA and they look nothing a like.  But they are sisters. They share a family.  They share a special bond.  It's been a wonderful thing to watch.

I love to watch them pretend and create worlds together.  It's sweet to see them making memories that they'll laugh over many years from now.  They are actually practicing being adults, mothers and homekeepers.   I often have wondered what they would have been like without each other.  Their personalities are so grown and changed by the other. Evy definitely makes Liv braver and in return Evy has become a little more tender because of her sister.

Sisterhood is so sweet.  I should know, I have one of the best.  It's a best friend that never goes away.  I'm so glad these two will get to walk through life together and be apart of each other's adventures.








0 comments:

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs