Monday, June 6, 2011

All the colors of our garden!

Gardens are a form of autobiography.
Sydney Eddison
I totally believe that above quote. Our garden is a mixture of multiple things. Many gifts from our mother's gardens, other family members and friends. It is also some well tended treasures from a life gone before us. It's odd to think that 68 years ago a different woman was dreaming of her gardens, tending to her children and trying to make their house a home right here on Bluff Hill. Our home has only been owned by that family and ours. We LOVE that fact. It was neat to hear the stories from their children when they sold us the home.

I'd like to thank Mrs. Van Conia for planting our yard full of iris, peony, lily and azalea.
What a sweet gift to leave behind!

I love all the gorgeous colors I have in different corners of our property!
So many different hues and shades: These two pics (above and below) show reds, purples, pinks
Look deep into nature,
and then you will understand everything better.
-Albert Einstein
I am following Nature without being able to grasp her, I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.


Where flowers bloom so does hope. - Lady Bird Johnson

I love dandelions...they make me want to plop down and start making necklaces!
What is a weed?
A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
I'm weird because I like to think of the trees in our yard like old friends. They always provide us shelter from the sweltering sun, let my children swing from their branches and the breeze always blows right between to cool us off. Thank you trees...especially since it has been well above 90 for sooo many days lately!

To sit in the shade on a fine day
and look upon the verdant green hills is the most perfect refreshment.
-Jane Austin
I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone,
but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars.
-Martin Luther

I love the quote above because I just can't understand how people can look at this beautiful creation and not see His glory.

Enjoy your gardens!!!

0 comments:

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs