Friday, September 26, 2008

A little of this...a little of that...

This is Blog O' Random Day! Well, I'm making it that way because I have lots of random stuff that I wanted to talk about. A few plugs for a fav. photo site and for a cool blog I just found. Then just some of my rambling!



Simple Mom...a blog or site I just found. That I really enjoyed!



I found this link about an article or post she wrote about aiming for EXCELLENCE instead of PERFECTION! What a wonderful thought! I always struggle with not feeling like I can do things perfectly or match up to some very (what I think as) perfect women. You know the types...whose house is spotless, lead a very successful career or organization, step out of their ever so clean SUV's, tuck their adorable hair behind their ear, and ofcourse look perfectly put together as if they have nothing better to do than look cute. I'm not bitter...really, I'M NOT!!! Hahaha...so besides that being an incredibly long run on sentence, it is FALSE.. You know the women that do make it look easy, but they cannot be Perfect. None of us can. And we all know that we fall flat on our faces when we try! So this article was all about giving ourselves grace, and doing something. Just because we can't do it perfectly doesn't mean we shouldn't try!


So, please, take a look at this lady trying to follow Jesus as she lives her life!



So following that plug for her, I wanted to talk about our sermon at church this past week. It was AMAZING for me. We are talking about listening to the voices of the Prophets from God's Word. We talked about Isaiah, Jeremiah, and now are on Jonah. Sometimes it's hard to feel you can gain more application from a Bible story you heard all through childhood. But let me tell you it's possible!!! I've always learned about obeying God and following His calling from sermons and Bible Studies on Jonah. But I've never left studying this book of the Bible thinking about grace for others. Jonah wanted God's grace, but was so hesitant to give it to the Ninevites. We are just like that aren't we. We want God's grace we do wrong or in our families lives. But when it comes to others who aren't like us or who do really bad things....we want God's wrath on them. Where is there grace? Isn't all sin disobeying God? It really convicted me from thinking judgemental thoughts or wanting negative outcomes for those who've wronged me. What a punch in the gut, but a good one!


The last thought is a plug for picnik.com. I Love Love Love this sight. It's been fun learning how to use the photo editing tools. I think I like it mostly because it's soo easy to use. Here are a few pictures I've altered. Of course, they are wedding pictures. Sorry, for those who are sick of seeing them!



Have a great weekend everyone!

0 comments:

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs