Sunday, July 12, 2009

Easy As Pie...

Peach Pie, that is.

I love Peach Pie, and my mom has the best recipe. It was my Great Aunt Irene's recipe, and it's soo easy. Even amature baker's like me could make this pie!

i love handwritten recipe cards (even though this one is in my handwriting).
it's a wonderful memory of others when I pick one up that is their penmanship!
Final product! Scott loved it!
Moma's Peach Pie

1 unbaked pie shell
1 c. sugar
2 drops red food coloring
1 drop yellow food coloring (to get color of peaches)
1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. butter
2 c. sliced peaches (skin may be left one)
3 tbsps. water

Mix thoroughly sugar and food coloring. Add flour and butter. Mix till crumbly. Pour half in pie shell. Add peaches. Sprinkle water over peaches. Add remaining crumble mixture. Bake at 450 for 15 min. then 350 for 30 min. or until lightly brown.
Now what should I do with those yummies?
These were huge!
We had tons of fun picking these over at my MIL's. I hadn't picked blackberries since I was like 10! It wasn't all I remembered it was... haha!

0 comments:

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs