Sunday, August 12, 2012

In the wee small hours of the morning....

Nights up with baby can be a time of bitterness or a time of treasured moments. I think of how fleeting they were with my second.  How I never got them with my first.  I will relish the quiet feelings, soft baby coos and the delight at her eyes finding mine in the dim light. 
 At first when I was getting up every 3 hrs. it was tough.  I am not someone who wakes easily.  I was groggy and grumpy.  Now she generally gets up once...early in the morning.  I have tried every trick in the book and all the old wives tales from your second cousin's mother-in-law to get this baby to sleep through the night. I have given up trying to find the magic trick. There are times it is still hard but I try to remember it won't be forever. 
I enjoy sleep and I'll enjoy full nights of it again someday.  But this season where it's just time for her and I will not have for long.  



1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your sweet heart friend :-)

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs