Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Last day of November....

Crazy to me that this is it. Fall is over.
A lot of people decorate for Christmas early.
They listen to Christmas music first of November, put their tree up before Thanksgiving and all kinds of other nonsense. : )
Not I. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving and my favorite season is Autumn.
So I have a harder time letting go of all my favorite things.
Don't hear me wrong, I LOVE Christmas and all that goes with it.
I just like it December 1st.
We did however break that tradition tonight by decorating our tree, drinking hot choc. and watching a Christmas movie.

But in honor of the loveliest holiday, Thanksgiving, here is our home all decked out.
My Thankful mantel.
That turkey platter was a martha stewart steal from Macy's years ago.
Sweet little leaf people from my friend and old co-worker. Aren't they cute?
Scarecrow, thank you Moma!
Our table.
The Man looking all cute. Notice the "chevron print" afghan behind him...his grandmother made it. I love older family treasures that come back "in"!
Another little scarecrow. My kids love all these characters everywhere!
Love this little home on a hill with gigantic pumpkin in it's yard.
Makes me think of the Bluff house!
Another view of the mantel.
Can you tell I'm super excited about having a mantel to decorate?
: )
Stairs railing garland and in background, front door wreath.
Glass leaf ornaments I hang on our light fixture over the dining table.
This is probably my favorite decor this year, just simple sweet wreathes that Scott' s grandma gave us. She wasn't using them and I think they looked so great here with our platters.

***

Goodbye November, fall, colorful leaves, football games, hayrides, apple pie and pumpkins.

Hello December, winter, colorful lights, seasonal movies/programs, snow, cookies/candies and Christmas.

0 comments:

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs