Monday, December 12, 2011

A little tree just for me!

Well, not just for me, but for our master bedroom.
This was Scott's tree growing up and we used it in our room for the first few years we were married. Last year due to all the renovations to our room and just the craziness of having two kids.... we just didn't use it.

I thought we should get it out this year and make our room a little more festive.
I decorated it with some of my favorite colors! : )

This angel was on our family tree most of my childhood.
I think she is super pretty.
I just put the tree on our trunk under the window.
For a tree skirt, I used my parent's old chenile blanket (it's my favorite old blanket).
I also added this sweet all white nativity.
I used white lights, a few ball ornaments, lots of angel or victorian ornaments and my favorite ones. They are metal engraved ornaments in different shapes from both our childhoods. We have angels, drummer boys, bells and rocking horses with our names/dates on them.

Here is a shot back a little, but the bed covers some of the tree. It just makes me happy to come up and see it in the window. {please ignore all the boxes and bags...christmas gifts yet to be wrapped} This I guess is a sneak peek of part of our room. I hope after Christmas to do a room tour because we are very proud to have such a sweet little spot just for us!
This is a shot from this morning.. you can see the colors:
teal, tiffany blue, pearl and silver/ gold

I love our traditional family tree downstairs, but this little tree makes mommy so happy!

0 comments:

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs