Monday, January 23, 2012

Oh Glorious Day

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation And sustain me with a willing spirit. Ps. 51:12

We are getting ready to have a "revival" of sorts at our church. It is actually called the "Why Jesus" Community Event. But needless to say the pastor has been preparing the members to be preparing personally and asked us to invite others to attend.

We've had a focused prayer time with our small group, sermons and a prayer outline given to us. It has had me reflecting on my own devotion to Christ and my love for the gospel. I'm pretty sure most people that knew me would say I'm a Christian and some would say I'm vocal about my faith. But do others see the AMAZING and AWE INSPIRING work of salvation in my life?

Have I lost the excitement or joy of my salvation?

I want to say no because I'm thankful everyday for the work of the Son of God in my life. I am constantly encouraged by the grace covering my sin daily and the hope I have because of Christ. My dependance on the Lord is heavy most everyday.

So I would say surely I still have the excitement and joy of my salvation. But if I did wouldn't I share more of my faith with anyone I come into contact with.

I always talk to anyone who will listen about my husband, kids and family. Because I love them and I'm always excited about what is going on with our lives. I guess I wonder if I really had a LOVE for the gospel that has forever changed my life, wouldn't I be sharing it just the same as I do with stories of the funny things my kids have recently said.

I have to say music is a huge way that makes my heart flood with emotion towards this beautiful story of redemption.

I love the "gospel song" Glorious Day by Casting Crowns. It is actually an old hymn put to new music. I love this song and LOVE when we sing it at church. It is such a blessing to my heart to hear again over and over the love the Savior has for us.

Here are the lyrics and I pray it blesses you. May you joyfully share the gift of Life with Christ with others as God brings the opportunity.

One day when Heaven was filled with His praises
One day when sin was as black as could be
Jesus came forth to be born of a Virgin
Dwelt among men, my example is He

Word became flesh and the light shined among us
His glory revealed

Living He loved me, dying He saved me
And buried He carried my sins far away
Rising He justified freely forever
One day He's coming, oh, glorious day, oh, glorious day

One day they led Him up Calvary's mountain
One day they nailed Him to die on a tree
Suffering anguish, despised and rejected
Bearing our sins, my Redeemer is He

Hands that healed nations, stretched out on a tree
And took the nails for me

'Cause living He loved me, dying He saved me
And buried He carried my sins far away
Rising He justified freely forever
One day He's coming, oh, glorious day, oh, glorious day
[- From :http://www.elyrics.net/read/c/casting-crowns-lyrics/glorious-day-(living-he-loved-me)-lyrics.html -]

One day the grave could conceal Him no longer
One day the stone rolled away from the door
Then He arose, over death He had conquered
Now He's ascended, my Lord evermore

Death could not hold Him
The grave could not keep Him from rising again

Living He loved me, dying He saved me
And buried He carried my sins far away
Rising He justified freely forever
One day He's coming, oh, glorious day, oh, glorious day
Glorious day

One day the trumpet will sound for His coming
One day the skies with His glories will shine
Wonderful day, my beloved one bringing
My Savior Jesus is mine

Living He loved me, dying He saved me
And buried He carried my sins far awayRising He justified freely forever
One day He's coming, oh, glorious day, oh, glorious day
Glorious day, oh, glorious day


1 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Great post! Those words in that song always stir my soul. :)

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs