Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Holiday Recipes

Peanut Butter Balls
I used to think these things had to take 3 days to make...churning my own butter, and driving to the next city to get the right ingredients.

well, I was wrong.
boy, was I ever wrong.
i happened upon this recipe in a magazine, cookbook, or blog and I knew I had to try it.
I've vowed to try any recipe that only takes enough ingredients that I can count on one hand.

this one had FIVE...the magic number!
Very simply mix the peanut butter, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar together.
roll into balls.
they look kind of bland, even a little sad.
so you gotta dress them up.
here is the recipe. i love my post it note recipe cards.
very sophisticated!
instead of melting choc. chips, I used choc. almond bark. well, mainly because i have a love affair with almond bark. it has soo many uses and makes most anything scrumptious!
i just melted a bar in a sandwich bag and cut the corner to make an opening for the melted choc. to come out of. Squeeze all over aluminum foil covered baking sheet (*this is very important if you hate cleaning messes like i do) and.....
Voila!

Have fun and enjoy!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Yum! I am writing the recipe down as we blog!

Paul & Merideth said...

I make these & don't even include the vanilla. One ingredient less if you don't have it!!! haha! :)

Erica and Nate said...

i love love love peanut butter balls. sounds easy enough to me. yours look so pretty too

SECPumpkin said...

Thanks, girls! Mer, I think one less ingredient is always invited! : ) They are good, but oh soo bad!!!

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs