Monday, January 18, 2010

Magnets on the Fridge:

I'm the most cluttery person alive! If cluttery was a word, it would be used to describe me.
It's funny. I've started leaning lately towards clean and simple...which is opposite of cluttery. But I still have a major problem with decorating with too much!

But my fridge is where I become O.C.D....ok...the outside of my fridge is where I become O.C.D.
I hate lots of cluttery stuff covering the biggest thing in my kitchen. But I love pictures and I have no room anywhere else to keep updated pics.

My mother-in-love got me a bunch of magnetic frames for Christmas. I was super excited because her and her mother always have tons of fun, family pics donning their fridges.
As I thought of all the amazing pics I could use on my fridge, i started to panic. Wouldn't it overwhelm my pretty "look-like-stainless steal" fridge. Maybe even make it look cluttery?

then a lightbulb went off.
brilliance.
it happens a lot to me.
ok, not really, but sometimes.
maybe, just maybe if I made all the pictures black and white, it wouldn't look cluttery.
maybe it could even still look clean and simple.
maybe even classy
can a fridge look classy? (notice UK fan notes of winning greatness)
I think it's perfection. personal, clean, and definitely not cluttery.

don't you think?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i think i might beat you for the "cluttery" award, but i think the fridge looks great!

RachelD said...

Looks great. Eventually, we're going to find a picture of me that I don't hate, so then I can join the Fridge of Fame. :)

P.S., got my hair chopped off today.

Erica and Nate said...

that looks great. we have pictures all over our fridge too, but in a messy cluttery way. you may have inspired me... :)

Jessica said...

I really think it looks great! In fact, I may copy your idea...if you don't mind.

SECPumpkin said...

I'm soo excited that you guys like my idea. Please copy anything you see on my blog that you like! This was super easy and I love the way it looks! And it can be changed when you get tired of the pics.

Erica and Nate said...

Where do you get the magnetic picture frames?

SECPumpkin said...

Erica, My mother-in-love ordered them from LTD. I think. But you can also get them at Dollar Store! Super cheap! LTD might be cheaper because you can get the whole lot of them together!

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs