Saturday, January 12, 2013

Miracles.



I love a good story. A thick plot that makes you believe in the characters or their dreams. One that makes you excited to turn the next page.  A story can give you hope, challenge your moral compass and make you see something ordinary in miraculous ways. That's why I write too.  I like to stop and ponder what God has done in my little piece of the world. Also, I think it's important to share our stories.  To see our hearts, the reality of who we are and to watch God intricately weave through the moments of our lives. 

I guess that is why I've been so vacant lately.  As long as I can remember, I would write about the plot lines I longed for.  A good and earnest love story.  The story of a mother's love and the beautiful chaos of big families.  Happy endings.  

That is what I got.

I guess after longing for years for a beloved to serve along side, wanting to feel a child kick from my womb and for 2 1/2 years fearfully waiting to hear someone call two of my children my own, I'm overwhelmed by God's goodness.

I also have felt so emotionally tired and exhausted from my many blessings that my only outlet has been my photography.  Which is great!  I love capturing other families' stories.  
But somewhere along the way, I've stopped making time to tell my own.

My story isn't over though and I won't stop writing. I want to catalog and remember the very paths that God has led us down together. 

A new year brings lots of hope and promise.  

Here's to another year of good tales and the warmest of stories.



0 comments:

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs