Friday, April 6, 2012

A little progress

I love getting inspiration from other bloggers, websites and pinterest.
But what I love best, is when that inspiration actually turns into progress!
I loved and was so inspired by Ashley Ann's bedroom that she posted on her blog, Under the Sycamore. It was such a great display of her and her husbands relationship. My master bedroom needed a little personal touch and some romance. So check out what I finally finished. I jokingly call it our love shrine to Scott! : )
I took one of our accent walls (the other is right behind this one ...see near the bathroom) that had nothing on it and turned it into a collage wall. It is all stuff about us. BTW, don't you love my beautiful white trim baseboard? Oh wait it's not there? That's right...the people we hired to renovate our upstairs never finished. BOO! Another story for another time. We really need to get this finished ourselves. The parts of the room that have it are so pretty!
Here is a closer up view of our wall. See our bed is in the corner of this picture (our dresser is at the end of our bed with our tv) so you can get an idea of how our furniture is arranged.
In the middle I cut out fabric letters and framed them saying You & Me. Also below that I put one of our favorite Christmas card pictures with Scruffles and us. Over to the side is just a plain ole frame with three pictures...one when we were dating, a picture on the day of our engagement of Scott washing my feet and then one from about 3 years ago while we were married. It's neat to see the progression of our relationship and God's hand over our marriage. In the right hand bottom corner is a picture Scott made me for my 30th birthday. I love his drawings and it's us in front of our house on his scooter (which I've only rode on 3 times with him) : ) I loved it soo much, It had to go on the wall because it is so US!
At the top is one of my favorite quotes from Pride and Prejudice. The frame to the left is us on our honeymoon. Right below that is our monogram on some fabric. The yellow frame...if you can tell...is a tree made up of lyrics to our song (and first dance at our wedding reception). That was a pinterest idea. Thank you very much!
Here is that quote:
You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. - Mr. Darcy
Moving over more to the left... beside our honeymoon picture is a heart shaped map of Rivera Maya, Mexico where we actually honeymooned. Below that is a frame that I made a little bunting for and clipped a picture of us kissing...we are barely visible because we are soo small...i love that! A photo booth film strip of us while we dating. I made sure not to put any pictures of our kids on here so it would be just about us. I know that is a pregnancy picture there, but I loved it too much and it holds such an amazing part of our story. But I did not add any actual babies or cute little children to the wall.
This a free 8 X 10 canvas that I got forever ago and really couldn't find the perfect spot for. It's paired next to three small frames that hold our wedding date. on the bottom is another favorite quote of mine from Martin Luther King Jr....

Occasionally in life there are those moments of unutterable fulfillment which cannot be completely explained by those symbols called words. Their meanings can only be articulated by the inaudible language of the heart."

There you have it.
I actually finished a creative project that I started only three months ago : )

What are some creative ideas you've found online and are trying to finish?


0 comments:

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs