Monday, April 23, 2012

Play Date for the Mommies : )

I LOVE LOVE LOVE play dates!
They make my kids happy and they make me happy.
They get to play and I get to talk to adults.

Usually, though it's always kid related...
the place, the food and the activities.

So I'm trying to be more diligent for finding ways to make both parties happy.
For instance, my Moma, Sis and her kids came to my house for a play date.
So I decided to actually make it special for us.
I made big people food: my fav pasta salad.
It's super easy.
Mix together tri-color rotini, fresh mozzarella pearls, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, vinaigrette and a few tablespoons of zesty Italian dressing.
While I fixed lunch and the babies slept...Moma and Johnah took the big kids outside to play.
so I could finish the pasta salad
and make the kids lunches....like my little man pb&j sandwich?
: )
I even used my favorite serving pieces...
which make me happy...
my Nanny's snack plates, the vintage table cloth my Moma bought me, little bowls, nice flatware and my chalkboard glasses.
The sandwiches, I found recipe out of a Food &Family issue.
They are turkey, baby spinach, Cesar dressing and Parmesan cheese put inside a pita pocket.
It was sooo good and easy...my new go to sandwich.
oh and just because here are the baby cousins in all their cuteness!!!

0 comments:

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs