Monday, February 8, 2010

Just another snowy night...

I know God creates the snow and it's just beautiful. BUT...I'm just a little tired of it. Especially since tomorrow night we are suppose to have our foster/adopt class. So schools are already canceled due to snow, and that means our class is canceled too. Boo!!!! Not to mention it is dangerous and it slows everything down. I guess slowing down isn't soo bad.

So here is a post for a slow, snowy night.
Just a few random things.

I got this a few weeks ago....
Can't wait to show you guys what I'm doing with it.
Also got some new yarn.
Again, can't wait to show you what I'm going to do with these.

My Daddy makes the best fried apples.
Seriously, they are soo good.

There is this little piece of joy from my childhood. It's seriously at least 20 years old.
It has windows wih heart shutters and flower boxes.
It also has a sweet little door and even a sign to welcome all friends.
The Caraway Cottage came into our family when my sis and I were around 5 and 6. It housed many tea parties, plenty of baby doll play dates, and is where we cooked some kick-booty mud pies. It has had many transitions over the years. My brother now lives in my childhood home and his kids play in this little cottage. They've thought about getting rid of it and I said (of course) we'd take it!!! I can see many children's photo shoots in or around it.
I hope my nieces, nephews, friends, and maybe even our children get to enjoy it's magical charm. Long live the Caraway Cottage.

I guess I'll spend the rest of this snowy night dreaming of how to decorate my NOW cottage...even if it doesn't have quite the magic....it's still pretty awesome!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the cottage--and i'm feeling the same about snow. I like a little, but this is too much. And it's not nearly as fun when you're a grown up and still have to work!

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs