Sunday, March 21, 2010

Surprise Shower!!!

My sweet family surprised Scott and I with a Baby Shower for our future Foster children.
They led us to believe we were having Family pictures and dinner together. To our surprise, we found several of both sides of our family and close friends there.
We were obviously very excited.
They did a Raggedy Ann and Andy shower theme since we did not know if we will have a boy or girl (or both) foster child(ren). And we used red gingham in the nursery.
We were blessed with soo many presents and are very THANKFUL!!!
My niece Emerson helped and was so cute carrying the presents to us. The little doll I am holding in this picture was mine from when I was little. I didn't add a picture of this, but my sis-in-law gave us a poem about Fostering that had us all in tears (this is why i'm not posting a pic...I'm not a pretty crier). Everyone made this day so special!
The food was also really good. Shower food (finger food/appetizers) are seriously some of my favorite foods! But I only captured the yummy desserts. These were made by my German sister (a girl who came to live with my family for johnah's senior year that left our sister), Nina. She is seriously is a chef...seriously. She went to school in Germany and is always bringing us delicious treats. Aren't they the cutest.
These are my sis-in-law's famous red velvet cupcakes (look at that homemade icing)!
My sis's famous sugar cookies (that we used as our wedding favors with a tag that said "life is sweeter together"). They are definitely my favorite cookie ever!
We couldn't feel more grateful for all the AMAZING support given to us during this journey.
The Man and his Mom with one of her gifts to us. Isn't that bear soo cute and uh,, sooo big.
don't worry, we found a spot for it!
A few of the amazing women in my life!

Thank you Johnah, Moma, and everyone else who made us feel soo special, supported, and LOVED!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

such a special time!

RachelD said...

Aw, I'm was so glad to be there to share in those memories! Love ya, friend.

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs