Thursday, March 25, 2010

Good Mail is BACK....

in ABUNDANCE!!!
Write after I wrote this post awhile back, I got several good things in the mail!

First was from a sweet friend who I used to live with a few years back. She wrote me the kindest things about this little blog and how she missed our late night talks! I think she said she even missed my back rubs. Yeah, I'll admit it. I'm pretty well known for my back rubs. My husband, family and close friends might also I'm well known for begging for my shoulders or feet rubbed! : )

Since she was thoughtful enough to send snail mail instead of just a regular old email, I decided to send her a Good Mail too!
Since, I couldn't find my old labels (I might have used them all) I decided to make some new ones.
I made three different designs! Would you like to know how easy these things are?
All ya do is use Word/Publisher and the mailing labels used for address or shipping. Either one works.
Design your labels using different colors, fonts and clip art.
Print them onto a blank sheet of labels and then cut them out.
That's it! Then write a sweet note to a friend and stick it on the front or back!
I'm pretty positive it will bring a smile or two!
This was the second Good Mail I got this past month. I won it over at a fellow WKU Alum's blog. We've been wanting to read this book and now it's here for us to tear through! Please go check out her inspiring and challenging blog, To Build This House.
Another piece of Good Mail was from Mer all the way from South Carolina.
I guess if you can't be close in miles, you can always share good moments through pen and ink.
The label above is what I made her a few years ago.
This was her Good Mail label that she made. I love that as soon as I saw this label (before I saw the return address), I knew it was from her!

Thanks for the Good Mail, friends!

The art of art, the glory of expression and the sunshine of the light of letters, is simplicity. ~Walt Whitman

1 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in to say hi! I love old fashioned letters. I like to surprise my friends with little cards and notes!

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs